1/12/2022 - Dining Update
To: Caltech Graduate and Undergraduate Students
We greatly appreciate your efforts to voice students' wishes and concerns. We presented your concerns to the Institute for consideration, and today, write to update you on a few changes that will be implemented beginning Thursday, January 13:
- The Red Door Marketplace will resume its normal business hours from 7 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- The Red Door Marketplace will also be open this weekend from 3 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Browne will return to its normal weekend hours of 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Please note, these changes to operation hours and services at the Red Door Marketplace have been approved under the condition that every effort is made to de-densify this space during peak times. We will be monitoring the density of late-night crowds and ask that all students do their part to mitigate indoor gathering and congestion so that we may continue to operate the Red Door Marketplace late nights and weekends.
To this end, we also offer some suggestions to help expedite service:
- Visit during off-peak hours, e.g., 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Choose to visit in singles or in pairs rather than by House.
- Determine what you want to order before you get to the register.
- Limit custom orders that generally take longer to prepare.
- If you see a long line, come back later, or continue the line outside our entrance doors.
- Please listen for your number to be called.
- Wait until you're outside before removing your mask to drink your beverage.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during these times. Our staff is here to serve the entire Caltech community, please respect their efforts and suggestions. The Institute is still limiting capacity, requiring high-quality, medical-grade masks indoors at all times, restricting gathering within indoor spaces, and is asking patrons to adhere to physical spacing.