This week's COVID-19 news and updates
Week of October 26, 2020
- Three employees at the Children's Center at Caltech have tested positive for COVID-19. As of Monday, October 26, the childcare center will be closed pending further consultation with public health officials on the resumption of operations.
- Caltech expects to issue an update about its plans for Winter Term by Monday, November 2.
- Members of the Caltech community have until October 31 to receive and verify that they have received their flu vaccine. Individuals who do not comply with the requirement or receive an approved exemption, may have their access restricted.
- As of September 14, Caltech's Student Wellness Services (SWS) is now able to provide COVID-19 testing to faculty, staff, postdoctoral scholars, and students in a number of situations. Read more on the Testing and Contact Tracing page.
- For the latest information about COVID-19 cases among the Caltech community, visit the COVID-19 Dashboard and the COVID-19 Case Log.
Caltech is committed to providing the educational, research, and residential experience that is at the core of our mission. In turn, we all have a responsibility and must commit to practices that protect the health and well-being of the entire community and mitigate the spread of infection on campus. Read the full statement.
October 27, 2020
Completion of Workforce Reduction
Curtailment of campus operations in response to the pandemic has compelled Caltech to reduce its workforce.
October 25, 2020
Positive cases reported at Children's Center at Caltech
Three employees at the Children's Center at Caltech have tested positive for COVID-19.
October 13, 2020
Impact of COVID-19 on Campus Operations
Facing the ongoing challenge of COVID-19, Caltech must adapt its operations to meet the current environment.
October 9, 2020
Flu Shot Clinic – October 20
Human Resources has organized a free campus flu clinic for staff, faculty, and postdoctoral scholars currently working on campus. Flu vaccinations for graduate students are being coordinated separately by Student Wellness Services.