This week's COVID-19 news and updates
Week of June 21, 2021
- As of Monday, June 21, Caltech is shifting its surveillance testing program to a self-collection process that is facilitated through an on-site laboratory located in the Beckman Institute.
- In accordance with California's recently modified workplace regulations, Caltech has updated its COVID-19 requirements:
- Fully vaccinated employees and students no longer need to wear face coverings indoors;
- Individuals on campus no longer need to maintain six feet of physical distance from each other;
- Members of the community no longer need to complete the health attestation form or to record the building locations they visit each day.
- More than 95 percent of active employees and students have reported receiving at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. Anyone who has not documented their full vaccination status should do so today.
Caltech is committed to providing the educational, research, and residential experience that is at the core of our mission. In turn, we all have a responsibility and must commit to practices that protect the health and well-being of the entire community and mitigate the spread of infection on campus. Read the full statement.
June 20, 2021
New COVID-19 Surveillance Testing System
Individuals who have not yet documented their fully vaccinated status with the Institute are required to participate in Caltech's surveillance testing program when they report to campus.
June 17, 2021
Revised campus COVID-19 restrictions
In accordance with California's recently modified COVID-19 workplace regulations, Caltech will update its physical distancing, building occupancy, health attestation, and face covering requirements, effective Monday, June 21.
June 14, 2021
Workplace face covering and physical distancing guidance
For the time being, all employees, regardless of vaccination status, must continue to wear face coverings and maintain six feet of physical distance from others in indoor settings.