2/17/2020 - General Updates
Please note: there is currently no identified risk on the Caltech campus, and the risk to the general population remains low.
On February 11, 2020 the World Health Organization (WHO) announced an official name for the disease that is causing the current outbreak of coronavirus disease, COVID-19. We will be updating our website to reflect the updated name.
Caltech continues to follow the guidance of the Pasadena Public Health Department, as well as monitor the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance for travelers from China arriving in the United States.
We encourage all community members to continue to follow the CDC recommendations:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) or wear a mask when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available. Do this frequently, and certainly after sneezing, coughing, or before/after touching your face.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth as much as possible.
- Avoid contact with others who are sick and do not travel while sick.
- Get an influenza vaccine if you have not already done so.