4/22/2021 - April 30 Vaccine Clinic Is Now Open to Family Members, Housemates, and Affiliates, and Offers Pfizer and Moderna Vaccines
To: The Caltech Community
From: Steve Atlee, Vaccine Working Group Chair and Deputy General Counsel
Caltech is expanding access to its April 30 on-campus vaccine clinic by offering both Pfizer and Moderna vaccines and opening up appointments to affiliates, family members, and housemates (anyone living in the same household as a Caltech employee or student). With the addition of the Pfizer vaccine, we can provide vaccines to all individuals who are age 16 years or older.
This free clinic, which will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on April 30, will offer first doses of the vaccines, in partnership with Vons Pharmacy, by appointment only. Please note that limited doses of the Moderna vaccine are available.
Make your appointment today for the Pfizer vaccine (must be at least 16):
Make your appointment today for the Moderna vaccine (must be at least 18):
Anyone who receives their first dose at Caltech will receive an email invitation from Vons/Albertsons to register to receive their second dose at an on-campus clinic or in a local Vons pharmacy. For individuals receiving the Pfizer vaccine, the second-dose Pfizer clinic will be held on campus on May 21. Individuals receiving the Moderna vaccine will be directed to make an appointment to receive their second-dose Moderna shot at a Vons Pharmacy store location on or shortly after May 28. The suggested dates for receiving the second-dose shots are in accordance with the FDA's recommended timeline for each vaccine (three weeks for Pfizer and four weeks for Moderna).
Please note that this update reflects a change to Caltech's previous plan and, due to limited demand, the Institute no longer intends to host a vaccine clinic on May 7. If you are a student or employee at Caltech who is interested in being vaccinated and you are not able to make the April 30 clinic, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you access other vaccine opportunities.
As of April 19, all individuals age 16 or older in the United States are able to be vaccinated. Caltech strongly urges all members of its community, including individuals who report to campus or offsite facilities, to seek access to the vaccine at the earliest point possible. COVID-19 vaccines have proven to be highly effective in preventing infections and reducing hospitalization and mortality rates. A high vaccination rate is important for our community overall and, more specifically, critical to the safe resumption of traditional campus operations and activities.
- Friday, April 30, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Bechtel Residence
1280 E Del Mar Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91106
- Street level parking is available in Lot 10, Lot 11, and Lot 12.
- Additional overflow parking is available in the North Wilson Parking Structure (Map Building #123) and the Holliston Parking Structure (Map Building #66)
- Please do not park in reserved parking spots
- No fee or permit is required to park on the day of the clinic
- First dose, Pfizer vaccine (ages 16 and up) (CDC Fact Sheet)
- First dose, Moderna vaccine (ages 18 and up) (CDC Fact Sheet)
Expect to wait 15-30 minutes after your vaccination for observation.
- Caltech employees, students, affiliates, and eligible family members or housemates (ages 16 and older)
Individuals with a confirmed appointment are expected to check-in upon arrival; please arrive at your assigned time and have all of the required documentation listed below ready.
- Picture ID (Caltech ID, Driver's License, or CA ID)
- Completed consent form (copies in English and Spanish are available in the confirmation email and onsite)
- A photocopy of your medical and/or prescription insurance card (if available; non-insured are welcome)
To make the vaccination process as efficient as possible, please make arrangements in advance to have printed copies of your completed consent form and medical and/or prescription insurance card.
- Appointment confirmations will be sent directly from Albertsons Patient Care and arrive via email or text. If you do not receive it, please check your spam folder.