12/22/2022 - New COVID-19 cases reported to Caltech
You may sign up to receive email notifications of each new positive COVID-19 case reported to Caltech Student Wellness Services.
To: The Campus Community
From: The COVID-19 Management Team
Date: December 22, 2022
Re: New COVID-19 Cases Reported to Caltech
Since our last update, 5 members of the Caltech community reported a positive COVID-19test result to Student Wellness Services (SWS):
- 3 employees (none living on campus)
- 2 students (1 living on campus)
There is currently 1 individual isolating in spaces set aside in Caltech housing.
We will continue to monitor case activity and review testing data over the course of Winter Break. Dashboard updates and email notifications of positive cases reported among the campus community will continue through December 23, and will then pause during Winter Break and resume on January 3.
The safety and security of Caltech's students, staff, and faculty is a priority. As such, all members of the Caltech community are expected to:
- Adhere to the Institute's vaccination policies.
- Notify SWS immediately if you are ill, have had a positive test for COVID-19, or have been exposed to anyone with a positive test for COVID-19.
- Stay home if you are ill, have a fever, or have otherwise been instructed to quarantine or isolate.
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
We also encourage everyone reporting on-site to participate and enroll in Caltech's surveillance testing program.
Information about Caltech's response to the pandemic, as well as its COVID-19 procedures and policies, can be found on the Caltech Together coronavirus website. Reports of illness, testing metrics, and confirmed case counts can be found on a dedicated dashboard. Please note that JPL tracks COVID-19 cases separately and is not included in these data.