02/24/2022 - No new COVID-19 cases reported to Caltech today
You may sign up to receive email notifications of each new positive COVID-19 case reported to Caltech Student Wellness Services.
To: The Campus Community
From: Jennifer Howes, Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs and Wellness
In the past 24 hours, there have been zero COVID-19 cases reported to Student Wellness Services (SWS).
This is the fourth day this month that we have had no new positive cases among members of the campus community. While we have not routinely sent out a memo to announce a lack of positive reported cases, it will continue to be our practice until days without positive cases to report become a normal occurrence.
Since March 2020, there have been 827 reported COVID-19 cases among members of the Caltech campus community. There are currently no students isolating in spaces set aside in Caltech housing for individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19.
While we welcome the current decline in COVID-19 cases, it is imperative that all members of our community continue to remain diligent in adhering to all preventative measures and to county and city health orders that have been implemented to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. In addition, despite the recent lifting of state and county mask mandates, Caltech's universal indoor masking requirement will remain in effect for all campus buildings and facilities through at least the end of the winter term.
The safety and well-being of Caltech's students, staff, and faculty is our top priority. All members of the Caltech community are expected to:
- Immediately notify SWS if you are ill, have had a positive test for COVID-19, or have been exposed to anyone with a positive test for COVID-19.
- Stay home if you are ill, have a fever, or have otherwise been instructed to quarantine or isolate.
- Participate in Caltech's surveillance testing program.
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Wear a well-fitting surgical mask or respirator (N95, KN95, or KF94) when indoors.
More information about Caltech's response to the pandemic can be found on the Caltech Together coronavirus website. Reports of illness, testing metrics, and confirmed case counts can be found on a dedicated dashboard. Please note that JPL tracks COVID-19 cases separately and is not included in these data.