2/13/2023 - New COVID-19 cases reported to Caltech
You may sign up to receive email notifications of each new positive COVID-19 case reported to Caltech Student Wellness Services.
To: The Campus Community
From: The COVID-19 Management Team
Date: February 13, 2023
Re: New COVID-19 Cases Reported to Caltech
Since our last update, 5 members of the Caltech community reported positive COVID-19 test results to Student Wellness Services (SWS). They include:
- 3 employees (not living on campus)
- 2 students (1 living on campus)
There is currently 1 individual isolating in spaces set aside in Caltech housing.
The safety and security of Caltech's students, staff, and faculty is a priority. As such, all members of the Caltech community are expected to:
- Adhere to the Institute's vaccination policies.
- Notify SWS immediately if you are ill, have had a positive test for COVID-19, or have been exposed to anyone with a positive test for COVID-19.
- Stay home if you are ill, have a fever, or have otherwise been instructed to quarantine or isolate.
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
We also encourage everyone reporting on-site to participate and enroll in Caltech's surveillance testing program.
Information about Caltech's response to the pandemic, as well as its COVID-19 procedures and policies, can be found on the Caltech Together coronavirus website. Reports of illness, testing metrics, and confirmed case counts can be found on a dedicated dashboard. Please note that JPL tracks COVID-19 cases separately and is not included in these data.