1/4/2023 - New COVID-19 cases reported to Caltech
You may sign up to receive email notifications of each new positive COVID-19 case reported to Caltech Student Wellness Services.
To: The Campus Community
From: The COVID-19 Management Team
Date: January 4, 2023
Re: New COVID-19 Cases Reported to Caltech
Since our last update, 22 members of the Caltech community reported positive COVID-19 test results to Student Wellness Services (SWS). They include:
- 11 employees (none living on campus)
- 11 students (9 living on campus)
There are currently 2 individuals isolating in spaces set aside in Caltech housing.
Please note that the case counts reflected in today's notification are cumulative of all positive test results received during the Institute's winter break. Nearly all of the cases reported today capture individuals who are either isolating away from campus or who have already completed their isolation period.
The safety and security of Caltech's students, staff, and faculty is a priority. As such, all members of the Caltech community are expected to:
- Adhere to the Institute's vaccination policies.
- Notify SWS immediately if you are ill, have had a positive test for COVID-19, or have been exposed to anyone with a positive test for COVID-19.
- Stay home if you are ill, have a fever, or have otherwise been instructed to quarantine or isolate.
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
We also encourage everyone reporting on-site to participate and enroll in Caltech's surveillance testing program.
Information about Caltech's response to the pandemic, as well as its COVID-19 procedures and policies, can be found on the Caltech Together coronavirus website. Reports of illness, testing metrics, and confirmed case counts can be found on a dedicated dashboard. Please note that JPL tracks COVID-19 cases separately and is not included in these data.