Guidelines for On-Campus Events
Effective October 18, 2021
Indoor and outdoor events that adhere to the following guidance may be held on the Caltech campus.
Please note that these guidelines, which are aligned with local public health orders and requirements, are subject to change based on updates to local public health requirements, government regulations, and the Institute's protocols and policies.
As of October 18, 2021, all attendees at indoor or outdoor events on campus must be fully vaccinated. Proof of a negative viral test result from within 72 hours prior to the event will be accepted only for those individuals who have an exemption from the Caltech vaccination requirement. Acceptable viral tests include a PCR test or a proctored antigen test.
Individuals who are not yet eligible to receive a vaccine (ages 11 and younger) are not required to show proof of vaccination or provide pre-entry testing results.
Vaccination status does not need to be confirmed at the entry for events or gatherings that are restricted to current members of the Caltech community and their families. Participating family members age 12 and older must be fully vaccinated. Events that are open to other guests will require proof of vaccination or recent negative test result.
- All attendees are required to wear masks indoors.
- Attendance may not exceed the established occupancy limits for the event space or exceed the Institute's gathering size limit of 50 attendees, without advance approval from the host's division or administrative leadership.
- Until further notice, food and drinks may not be served at indoor events (apart from those held at a designated dining venue and in accordance with public health protocols for restaurants and dining facilities; or in common areas of student residential facilities, in accordance with guidelines and protocols provided by the Office of Residential Experience);
- Additional guidelines or requirements that are specific to Caltech's public event venues may be implemented as circumstances evolve. Specific requirements will be communicated to organizers and attendees in advance of the event.
- Masks are recommended for all attendees of outdoor events, especially in large gatherings and environments where physical distancing is limited.
- Food and drinks may be served in accordance with local health protocol guidelines and best practices.
- Gatherings with 50 or more attendees must have advance approval from the host's division or administrative leadership.
- Caltech-sponsored events held at offsite locations are required to adhere to the public health protocols and requirements of the event location and venue