7/29/2022 - New COVID-19 cases reported to Caltech
You may sign up to receive email notifications of each new positive COVID-19 case reported to Caltech Student Wellness Services.
To: The Campus Community
From: The COVID-19 Management Team
Date: July 29, 2022
Re: New COVID-19 Case Reported to Caltech
In the past 24 hours, 12 members of the Caltech community reported positive COVID-19 test results to Student Wellness Services (SWS). They include:
- 1 undergraduate student (not living on campus)
- 11 employees (1 living on campus)
* During summer term, students who are visiting researchers are classified as employees and may live in on-campus housing.
There currently are 11 individuals isolating in spaces set aside in Caltech housing.
The safety and security of Caltech's students, staff, and faculty is a priority. As such, all members of the Caltech community are expected to:
- Wear a high-quality mask (N95, KN95, KF94, or surgical mask) in all indoor locations on campus.
- Adhere to the Institute's vaccination policies.
- Notify SWS immediately if you are ill, have had a positive test for COVID-19, or have been exposed to anyone with a positive test for COVID-19.
- Stay home if you are ill, have a fever, or have otherwise been instructed to quarantine or isolate.
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
We also encourage everyone reporting on-site to participate and enroll in Caltech's surveillance testing program.
Information about Caltech's response to the pandemic, as well as its COVID-19 procedures and policies, can be found on the Caltech Together coronavirus website. Reports of illness, testing metrics, and confirmed case counts can be found on a dedicated dashboard. Please note that JPL tracks COVID-19 cases separately and is not included in these data.